November 4, 2020
Collingwood, Ontario – November 2, 2020 – The Collingwood COVID-19 Assessment Centre has moved to the parking lot behind the Collingwood Legion at 490 Ontario Street and will operate both the appointment based, drive-through COVID-19 assessments and flu shot clinics.
To book an appointment at the Collingwood Assessment Centre:
- Call 705-444-5885 to speak to a team member during business hours, Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm.
- Click “Get on Waitlist” at www.gbfht.ca/cac, Monday to Friday between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Once patients have joined the waitlist, they will be queued to receive a phone call during normal business hours.
Patients are asked to enter the parking lot off Erie Street, at the back of the Collingwood Legion, and to arrive as close to their appointment time as possible, due to the volume of appointments the site is seeing.
At this time, publicly-funded testing is available for Ontarians at Assessment Centres if they are:
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app
- Are a resident or worker in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by the local public health unit
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Additionally, the Wasaga Beach COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located in the parking lot behind the RecPlex at 1724 Mosley Street is also open for pre-scheduled drive-through COVID-19 assessments and flu shots.
For more information, go to https://www.southgeorgianbaychc.ca/community/. Patients remain in their vehicles for both COVID-19 assessments and flu shot clinics.