March 18, 2020
The South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre’s (SGBCHC) top priority is the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff and community members. Below is a list of precautionary measures being taken by the SGBCHC. All May 12 updates are in Italics.
SGBCHC Group Programs
- SGBCHC in-person programs are paused until the CHC and community partners can strategically work together to identify needs in the community. Any updates to programs will be communicated via our website, Facebook, and the newsletter.
- MotherCare & Next Step in-person programs have been postponed until further notice. CAPC, MotherCare and Next Step programs are all cancelled until further notice. They are looking for alternative ways to support their participants and keep their Facebook page updated on a regular basis to keep participants and community partners informed. Any questions can be sent via Facebook or by calling 705-733-3227 x2236. They will respond during regular business hours as quickly as possible.
SGBCHC Services Available
- Social Work & Mental Health and Addiction Counselling – All one-on-one social work and mental health and addiction counselling appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing. Same day appointments are also being provided. To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner to send a counselling referral on your behalf or call reception at 705-422-1888.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – The SGBCHC’s CBT program is part of the North Simcoe Muskoka’s Increasing Access to Structured Psychotherapy Program (IASP), in partnership with Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care. All CBT appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) Clinic – The RVH RAAM clinic is booking by appointment only. Please call 705-422-0900 ext 145 to book an appointment.
- Dietitian – All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Diabetes & Smoking Cessation Support – All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) – All appointments remain scheduled and supported. You will be called prior to your appointment to be screened for COVID-19 and screened again upon arrival at the clinic for the appointment.
- SGBCHC Satellite Clinic in Elmvale – Closed until further notice.
Primary Care Appointments
- If you need to book an appointment with your Physician, Nurse Practitioner or the clinic Nurse, all bookings must be done over the phone. The SGBCHC will not be open to walk in’s seeking an appointment, as the main door will be locked.
- Your request for an appointment will be triaged to determine if the appointment can be handled over the phone, using video technology or if an in-person, face-to-face visit is required.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, you will be screened for COVID-19 at the time of booking and again on-site at the point of entry for your appointment.
- In order to preserve personal protective equipment, we are requesting all clients with in-person appointments wear a cloth mask provided at reception. Masks will be left at the Centre after the appointment is over and cleaned in accordance to guidelines.
- When you come for your appointment, clinic staff will be wearing full personal protective equipment for everyone’s protection.
- If you have an appointment scheduled at the SGBCHC and develop COVID-19 symptoms prior to the day of your appointment, please DO NOT COME TO THE SGBCHC and call the clinic at 705-422-1888 to inform reception of the change in your health.
Georgian Bay COVID-19 Assessment Centre
The Georgian Bay COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located at the Georgian Bay Family Health Team located at 186 Erie Street Medical Building (Parking lot), Collingwood.
If you have been directed to an Assessment Centre by your family doctor, nurse practitioner or Public Health, or by the Ministry of Health self-assessment screening tool, follow ONE of these steps to book an appointment:
- Call 705-444-5885 to speak to a team member
- Visit www.gbfht.ca/cac and click “Get on Waitlist” button in the top left corner of the page
The appointment waitlist can be accessed online until 7:30 p.m., 7 days per week.
Self-Assessment Screening Tool
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.