March 18, 2020
The South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre’s top priority is the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff and community members. Below is a list of precautionary measures being taken by the SGBCHC:
SGBCHC Group Programs
- The SGBCHC has postponed all in-person group programs and workshops until further notice.
- MotherCare & Next Step have also been postponed until further notice.
SGBCHC Services Available
- Social Work & Mental Health and Addiction Counselling – All one-on-one social work and mental health and addiction counselling appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing. Same day appointments are also being provided. To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner to send a counselling referral on your behalf or call reception at 705-422-1888.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – The SGBCHC’s CBT program is part of the North Simcoe Muskoka’s Increasing Access to Structured Psychotherapy Program (IASP), in partnership with Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care. All CBT appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) Clinic – The RVH RAAM clinic is booking by appointment only. Please call 705-422-0900 ext 145 to book an appointment.
- Dietitian – All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Diabetes & Smoking Cessation Support – All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) – All appointments remain scheduled and supported. You will be called prior to your appointment to be screened for COVID-19 and screened again upon arrival at the clinic for the appointment.
- SGBCHC Satellite Clinic in Elmvale – Closed until further notice.
Primary Care Appointments
- If you need to book an appointment with your Physician, Nurse Practitioner or the clinic Nurse, all bookings must be done over the phone. The SGBCHC will not be open to walk in’s seeking an appointment, as the main door will be locked.
- Your request for an appointment will be triaged to determine if the appointment can be handled over the phone, using video technology or if an in-person, face-to-face visit is required.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, you will be screened for COVID-19 at the time of booking and again on-site at the point of entry for your appointment.
- If you have an appointment scheduled at the SGBCHC and develop COVID-19 symptoms prior to the day of your appointment, please DO NOT COME TO THE SGBCHC and call the clinic at 705-422-1888 to inform reception of the change in your health.
Self-Assessment Screening Tool
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.