April 10, 2018
This year for nutrition month, Registered Dietitians are focusing on “Eating 9 to 5” and how to eat well throughout the day and while juggling a busy schedule. Check out these fun food tips for you and your family. Try one out today!
- Don’t skip breakfast, control weight and cravings with a large breakfast with a variety of foods
- Prepare lunches and breakfast the night before and allow yourself time to eat in the morning
- Try to always include a source of protein such as cow or soy milk, greek yogurt, nut butters, nuts and/or eggs at breakfast
- Revamp lunches, fuel your body midday with foods that provide fibre, vitamins and minerals
- Pack your salad in a mason jar!
- Try a “SNEAL”! More than a snack but not quite a meal. Build yourself a snack-like lunch with hard-boiled eggs, cheese cubes, vegetables, crackers and a few olives.
- Mid-afternoon pick me up, Keep your energy levels up without hitting the vending machine or candy aisle
- Have small containers or bags of homemade trail-mix on hand
- Keep nut butter in your workplace to dip apples or vegetables
- The key to eating well at any time of day is planning your meals. This avoids relying on processed foods that usually contain higher amounts of sugar, fat, sodium and calories!