April 10, 2018
As the warm weather quickly approaches, so do all those refreshing, thirst-quenching drinks. But have you ever stopped to think about what goes into many of these drinks? SUGAR.
Adult females should not consume more than 25g or 6 teaspoons of added sugars a day.
Adult males should not consume more than 37g or 9 teaspoons of added sugars a day.
The following drinks may seem like a great way to keep you cool when it’s hot, but may contain more than the recommended amounts of sugar you should have in a day!
- Bottle of Vitamin Water® – 32g of sugar
- Small Lemonade from Tim Hortons – 26g of sugar
- A can of Nestea®- 29g of sugar
- Tall Caramel Cocoa Cluster Frappuccino from Starbucks – 51g of sugar
- Bottle of Coke® – 65g of sugar
- 1 cup of Orange Juice – 25g of sugar
Your best way to stay hydrated this summer is WATER!