All of our programs are free of charge and open to everyone in the community. If you have issues accessing these programs such as transportation, physical or language barriers, please let our program staff know and we will work with you to eliminate this barrier. For more information and to register for our programs, please call the clinic at 705-422-1888.
Free Community Mental Health Programs
We have paused our mental health programs temporarily as our mental health staff work to meet the needs of our clients through 1:1 appointments. We have compiled a list of free community mental health programs and resources for you to explore below.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Programs:
- Togetherall (formerly the Big White Wall)
- MindBeacon and AbilitiCBT are Internet-based cognitive behavioural therapy (iCBT) programs. They are practical, short-term programs that are delivered online. iCBT helps people develop skills and strategies to address symptoms of mild to moderate anxiety and/or depression. It can also help people cope with situations related to COVID-19, such as isolation, pressure caring for family and community members, information overload and stress.
- Bounceback is a free skill-building program that adults and youth 15+ can access over the phone. With the guidance of a coach, you’ll work through a series of workbooks at your own schedule, to gain practical skills to better manage low mood, anxiety, worry or stress. You’ll learn things like how to improve your mood by changing the way you think or respond to things.
- Sleep Remedy with Astrid van Wesenbeeck (iRest Institute) – https://vimeo.com/456697813
- Free Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program (government-funded) – https://www.centerforinnerfreedom.com/
- Other free mindfulness programs – http://www.freemindfulness.org/covid19
- Toronto Mindfulness Community (online, pay-what-you-can) – https://torontomindfulnesscommunity.org/
Post-Partum Mental Health Supports:
- MotherCare and Next Step in Collingwood and Wasaga Beach – Call 705-445-9770 x 5230 to inquire about programs and register
- Collingwood – Call Theresa Machin at the Georgian Bay Family Health Team to inquire @ 705-444-5885 x 223
- Midland – Call Kelly Morris at the North Simcoe Family Health Team to inquire @ 705-526-7804 x 220 OR contact Melissa Maidment at Chigamik Community Health Centre https://www.chigamik.ca/blog/event/after-baby-group/
- We continue to offer services through the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program – for more information see https://www.southgeorgianbaychc.ca/about-us/news/mindability-program-at-the-sgbchc/
- Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) Clinic at the SGBCHC – The RVH RAAM clinic is seeing clients in-person and by telephone. Walk-ins are available Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm. If you would prefer to schedule an appointment call 705-422-0900 ext 145.
- Social Work & Mental Health and Addiction Counselling – All one-on-one social work and mental health and addiction counselling appointments for SGBCHC clients continue to be offered via phone or video conferencing. Same-day appointments are also being provided. To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner to send a counselling referral on your behalf or call reception at 705-422-1888.
Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program
The South Georgian Bay CHC’s Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) is a continuation of the North Simcoe Muskoka’s Increasing Access to Structured Psychotherapy Program (IASP), in partnership with Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care, and funded by the Government of Ontario. The program provides free access to CBT sessions in both English and French for adults and youth 15+ throughout Simcoe and Muskoka counties.
Location: Online and phone appointments
Contact: Referral to the program must be made by your primary care provider.